The Office of Academic and Advising Services is a vital partner in the promotion of educational success to Mercer University's undergraduate students on the Macon campus. Located on the Macon campus in Penfield Hall Annex (across from Tarver Library), Academic and Advising Services coordinates the programs and services described below, all of which focus on enhancing the academic success of Mercer students on the Macon campus:
- Coordination of academic advising for first-year students through the UNV 101 courses.
- Academic advising for new transfer students.
- Advising resources for all students.
- Leadership opportunities for sophomore, junior, and senior students through the Peer Advisor and Orientation Leadership Team positions.
- Recognition for first-year and pre-professional students within National Honor Societies.
- Advising and resources for students who plan to apply to professional or graduate schools.
- Workshops and programs to help students choose an academic major.
- Four-week and midterm progress reports designed to provide helpful feedback to students regarding their academic progress.
- New student orientations in summer, fall, and spring.
- UNV 201, a course to prepare student Peer Advisors to serve as peer instructors.
- First-Year Fridays, a series of presentations for the first-year class focusing on topics such as Mercer heritage and culture, community service and engagement, health and wellness, and academic resources.
- Transfer events to assist transfer students in their transition to the Mercer community.
- SophoMORE Program to help second-year students get MORE from their sophomore year and progress toward their academic goals.
- Faciliation of a UNV 102 course to explore academic motivation, major/minor opportunities, and vocational interests.