Mercer University hosts several one-day Summer Orientation sessions for incoming first-year students beginning in the Fall, and 1 guest. During Summer Orientation, students meet with an academic advisor to review their fall course schedule. Students also have the opportunity to interact with current Mercer students as well as other members of the incoming class, and meet with representatives from various campus departments to learn more about their programs and services. Family members learn more about the Mercer culture, student health and safety, the financial aid process, and other services offered to students and their families.
Summer Orientation Directions
- When you pull into Mercer, make sure to cross under the bridge and enter through Mercer’s second entrance on College Street.
- From College Street, follow the direction signage to the Auxiliary Services/Legacy Hall parking lot.
- Our PA team will be stationed along the parking lot to make sure you find the right parking space.
- Once you park, you will walk to Penfield Large Room, located directly next to Cruz Plaza. This is where you will check in for the day.
- In the days leading up to Orientation, we ask that you have the MercerU app downloaded to your phone so you can check-in using our QR codes. When you check-in, you will need to open the MercerU app, click on the QR code scanner in the top left corner, and scan the code on your phone. We will be present and available to assist you during this process.
- Students needing to take the Foreign Language and/or Math Placement exams will be escorted to various computer labs on campus in the morning after the Official Orientation Welcome and Overview of the Day. Placement exams will be given from 8:45 am - 10:15 am. Not sure if you need to take a placement exam? Reach out to your Admission Counselor or Academic & Advising Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Orientation Registration
First-year students who have submitted their enrollment deposit with the Office of Admissions can fill out their Mercer Academic Profile (MAP) beginning in April of their senior year of high school. The Mercer Academic Profile is an important tool used by academic advisors when constructing student class schedules. This is also how first-year students register for Summer Orientation in June. Students will receive information in the mail and via e-mail with their personalized link to the Mercer Academic Profile.
Summer Orientation Preparations
- Review the New Student Checklist>> for other helpful information in preparing materials for Summer Orientation.
- Review the Summer 2023 Bear Facts and Summer Orientation Schedule: