Special Consideration Program for Nursing
Through a partnership with the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the Mercer University Georgia Baptist College of Nursing (GBCN) offers a Special Consideration Program (SCP) for their pre-licensure (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) program.
Eligibility for SCP-Nursing Program
Mercer University's Special Consideration Program offers high-achieving students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences the opportunity to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing in four years, and gives participants the security of guaranteed acceptance by the Georgia Baptist College of Nursing on the Cecil B. Day campus in Atlanta. Details of the SCP-Nursing can be found in this document>>.
- Declaration of program participation by November 15 of year 1;
- Completion of all pre-nursing coursework within the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) at Mercer University (see the SCP for Nursing Coursework Checklist>> for the list of specific coursework required);
- Completion of at least 48 credit hours or more in residence (from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences);
- Maintenance of GPA's (cumulative and BIO) of 3.0 or higher;
- Achievement of the minimum score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) by the time of application to the GBCN; and
- Application to the GBCN by January 30 of year 2.