Summer Orientation is for first-year students beginning in the fall semester. During the summer, Mercer hosts several one-day Summer Orientation sessions on the Macon campus for incoming first-year students and their families. During Summer Orientation, students meet with an academic advisor to review their fall course schedule. Students also have the opportunity to interact with current Mercer students as well as other members of the incoming class, tour the campus, and meet with representatives from various campus departments to learn more about their programs and services. Family members learn more about the Mercer culture, student health and safety, the financial aid process, and other services offered to students and their families. A siblings program is available throughout the morning of Summer Orientation for siblings of Mercer students between the ages of 5 and 12.
Summer Orientation Registration
First-year students who have submitted their enrollment deposit with the Office of Admissions can fill out their Mercer Academic Profile (MAP) beginning in April of their senior year of high school. The Mercer Academic Profile is an important tool used by academic advisors when constructing student class schedules. This is also how first-year students register for Summer Orientation in June. Students will receive information in the mail and via e-mail with their personalized link to the Mercer Academic Profile.
Summer Orientation Preparations
Summer Orientation Schedule
Please dress comfortably on your orientation day, as you will be attending orientation workshops and transitioning to various locations throughout campus.
Your day begins with check-in between 7:30-8:15 a.m. in the University Center's Heritage Hall. During Summer Orientation, new students will meet with a faculty advisor to review their fall course schedule. Additionally, students will interact with new classmates, receive their student identification Bear Card, and connect with other campus and community resources. The afternoon will conclude at 4:00 p.m., or once new students have met their orientation goals.
Bear Facts Booklet
Additionally, refer to the 2018 Bear Facts>> for information compiled from various campus offices and resources to aid in your transition to Mercer.
Your Arrival to Campus
Please follow these directions to campus:
- From I-75, take Exit #163 (Mercer University Dr.)
- Turn right (if heading N on I-75) or turn left (if heading S on I-75) onto Mercer University Dr., heading E on GA 74.
- Turn left at the first traffic light onto Stadium Drive.
- Stadium Drive will turn to the left (the Hilton Garden Inn will be on your left).
- Turn right at the first road (University Center Drive).
- Continue on University Center Drive until it ends at the parking lots of the University Center.
- Claude Smith Baseball Field will be on the right as you approach the University Center at the top of the hill.
Upon your arrival to campus for Summer Orientation, please follow the orientation signage for parking locations next to the University Center, labeled as Building 39 on the campus map>>. Our orientation staff will direct you to the University Center.
If you are planning an overnight visit, please refer to our list of hotel recommendations>>. Should you choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Mercer University, visit the personalized reservation pages to book your stay:
- Summer Orientation Session 1 (rates for June 14 & 15, checkout on June 16)>>
- Summer Orientation Session 2 (rates for June 17 & 18, checkout on June 19)>>
- Summer Orientation Session 3 (rates for June 19 & 20, checkout on June 21)>>
- Summer Orientation Session 4 (rates for June 21 & 22, checkout on June 23)>>
- Summer Orientation Session 5 (rates for June 24 & 25, checkout on June 26)>>