Depending upon when transfer students join the Mercer community, they'll attend a new student orientation experience:
- Students beginning in the Spring semester will attend Spring Orientation>>.
- Students beginning in a summer term will attend May Orientation>> and are also invited to attend Transfer Orientation and Transfer Check-In in preparation for their fall semester.
- Students beginning in the Fall semester will attend Transfer Orientation and Transfer Check-In in August.
Transfer Orientation is a one-day session designed specifically for transfer students beginning in the fall semester to acclimate them and their families to Mercer University’s academic and campus resources. Students have the opportunity to meet with a representative from their academic department to review a fall course schedule, learn more about student organizations and opportunities for campus involvement, meet members of the Mercer and Macon community, and visit various offices to complete campus business before the semester begins.
Transfer Orientation Registration
Transfer Orientation Preparations
As you prepare to attend orientation, review the New Student Checklist>> for other helpful information in preparing for Transfer Orientation.
Submit any final transcripts from high school or college to Mercer's Office of the Registrar for final evaluation. Final evaluation is necessary for all transfer equivalencies to be figured prior to the fall semester. After registering for orientation, students' academic information will be reviewed by an academic advisor. An academic advisor from the students' academic department will be in contact via e-mail or telephone to build your fall semester course schedule.
Mercer University Office of the Registrar
1501 Mercer University Drive
On-Campus Housing Contract
Submit your Immunization Form
Your Immunization Form>> should be mailed back to the Student Health Center soon as possible. This document requires students to provide their immunization histories for measles, mumps, and rubella along with the signature of a physician or health care provider. It must be completely filled out and received by the Student Health Center before beginning classes at Mercer.
Review Health Insurance Information
All Mercer students are required to have health insurance coverage. Mercer provides coverage to all its students. Students are billed for the cost of health insurance coverage each semester. If you already have coverage under another policy and do not want to pay health insurance fee, you must complete an online Student Health Insurance Waiver. Carefully follow all instructions found on the Bursar's Office website>> as it relates to the fall semester. NOTICE: YOU MUST WAIVE YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE EVERY SEMESTER YOU ARE ENROLLED.
Transfer Orientation Schedule
Please plan to arrive at 8:30 a.m. to the University Center (UC) for Transfer Orientation check-in (from 8:30-9:00 a.m.). Your Orientation Welcome will begin at 9:00 a.m. Your orientation day will be complete mid-afternoon, around 3:00 p.m.
Bear Facts Booklet
While at Transfer Orientation, you'll receive the Transfer Bear Facts with information compiled from various campus offices and resources to aid in your transition to Mercer.
Your Arrival to Campus
Please follow these directions to campus:
- From I-75, take Exit #163 (Mercer University Drive).
- Turn right (if heading N on I-75) or turn left (if heading S on I-75) onto Mercer University Dr., heading E on GA 74.
- Turn left at the first traffic light onto Stadium Drive.
- Stadium Drive will curve to the left (the Hilton Garden Inn will be on your left).
- Turn right at the first road (University Center Drive).
- You’ll park in the baseball parking lots to your right. Should you need parking accommodations closer to the building, continue on University Center Drive until it ends at the parking lots of the University Center at the top of the hill.
Upon your arrival to campus for Transfer Orientation, please follow the orientation signage for parking locations next to the University Center. Our orientation staff will direct you to the University Center.
If your travel plans require an overnight visit, please refer to our list of hotel recommendations>>. Should you choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Mercer University, visit the personalized reservation page to book your stay for Transfer Orientation>>.